The assessment is designed for IT staff who work or plan to work with the COBOL programming language in a z/OS environment.
A good general knowledge of COBOL concepts, COBOL programming syntax, and the statements associated with data declarations and program flow.
The following Interskill courses have been used as reference for this assessment:
- COBOL Programming – Basics
- COBOL Data and Datafile Definitions
- COBOL Programming – Manipulating Data / Subprogramming module
Additional on-the-job training in the areas above should also be undertaken to prepare you for scenario based questions that have been included in this assessment.
This assessment covers the following topics:
- Coding Structures and Divisions
- Data Declarations
- Move, Set, and Initialize statements
- String/Unstring Statements
- File Control and Subprograms
- Coding for a Db2 Environment
Questions have been created to Enterprise COBOL for z/OS 6.1 level.
The types of questions in this assessment are mainly simulation, multiple choice, drag and drop, and true or false. The questions displayed are different for every examinee because a number of core questions are always selected along with a number that are taken from a pool. All questions are then randomized to produce your customized assessment. No internal or external manuals or references can be used during this assessment.
The pass mark for this assessment is 70%.