This assessment measures the student’s knowledge of basic TSO and ISPF functionality and tests skills associated with configuring and navigating ISPF.
This assessment is designed for data center or other IT specialist staff who use TSO and ISPF as part of their everyday duties.
A general knowledge covering the accessing of, and communication with TSO and ISPF. Some familiarization with ISPF screens and their purpose is also required.
The following Interskill course has been used as reference for this assessment:
- ISPF (z/OS) – TSO and ISPF Basics 2.5
- ISPF (z/OS) – Configuring ISPF for General Use 2.5
Additional on-the-job training in the areas above should also be undertaken to prepare you for scenario based questions that have been included in this assessment.
This assessment covers the following topics:
- TSO access and command syntax
- ISPF navigation and settings
- Data sets used by TSO and ISPF
- General ISPF functionality