Skills and knowledge in coding JCL statements and parameters. The following courses have been used as reference for this assessment:
- JCL (z/OS) – Introduction to z/OS JCL 2.4
- JCL (z/OS) – JCL Coding Basics – JOB and EXEC Statements 2.4
- JCL (z/OS) – JCL Coding Basics – DD Statements 2.4
- JCL (z/OS) – Advanced JCL Data Set Use 2.4
- JCL (z/OS) – Working with Procedures and Symbols 2.4
Additional on-the-job training in the areas above should also be undertaken to prepare you for scenario based questions that have been included in this assessment.
This assessment is designed for data center staff responsible for writing or maintaining JCL code.
This assessment covers the following topics:
- JCL coding rules
- Coding of JOB, EXEC, and DD statements and associated parameters
- Use of conditional code checking
The types of questions in this assessment are mainly simulation, multiple choice, drag and drop, and true or false. The questions displayed are different for every examinee because a number of core questions are always selected along with a number that are taken from a pool. All questions are then randomized to produce your customized assessment. No internal or external manuals or references can be used during this assessment.