Skills and knowledge in identifying and resolving JCL errors. The following courses have been used as reference for this assessment:
- JCL (z/OS) – Introduction to z/OS JCL 2.4
- JCL (z/OS) – JCL Coding Basics – JOB and EXEC Statements 2.4
- JCL (z/OS) – JCL Coding Basics – DD Statements 2.4
- JCL (z/OS) – Advanced JCL Data Set Use 2.4
- JCL (z/OS) – Working with Procedures and Symbols 2.4
- JCL (z/OS) – Controlling Job and Step Processing 2.4
- JCL (z/OS) – Running and Debugging JCL 2.4
Additional on-the-job training in the areas above should also be undertaken to prepare you for scenario based questions that have been included in this assessment.
This assessment is designed for data center staff responsible for resolving JCL syntax and runtime errors.
This assessment covers the following topics:
- Interpreting JCL code and error messages
- Resolving JCL syntax and runtime errors
- Performing job restarts.
The types of questions in this assessment are mainly simulation, multiple choice, drag and drop, and true or false. The questions displayed are different for every examinee because a number of core questions are always selected along with a number that are taken from a pool. All questions are then randomized to produce your customized assessment. No internal or external manuals or references can be used during this assessment.