This assessment tests the student’s skills and knowledge in coding JCL statements and parameters
This assessment is designed for data center staff responsible for writing or maintaining JCL code.
Skills and knowledge in coding JCL statements and parameters. The following courses have been used as reference for this assessment:
- JCL (z/OS) – Introduction to z/OS JCL 2.5
- JCL (z/OS) – JCL Coding Basics – JOB and EXEC Statements 2.5
- JCL (z/OS) – JCL Coding Basics – DD Statements and Data Sets 2.5
- JCL (z/OS) – JCL Coding Basics – DD Statements and SYSOUT 2.5
- JCL (z/OS) – Advanced JCL Data Set Use 2.5
- JCL (z/OS) – Working with Procedures and Symbols 2.5
Additional on-the-job training in the areas above should also be undertaken to prepare you for scenario based questions that have been included in this assessment.
This assessment covers the following topics:
- JCL coding rules
- Coding of JOB, EXEC, and DD statements, and associated parameters
- Use of conditional code checking