This assessment measures the student’s skills and knowledge associated with being able to identify and apply an action to be taken when a system related problem occurs.
This assessment is designed for data center staff responsible for resolving z/OS hardware and software problems, or other IT specialists that need to perform z/OS system problem resolution.
Skills and knowledge associated with being able to identify and apply an action to be taken when a system related problem occurs.
The following Interskill courses have been used as reference for this assessment:
- z/OS – Concepts 2.5
- z/OS – Managing and Processing z/OS Data 2.5
- z/OS – Initializing and Terminating the z/OS System 2.5
- z/OS – Displaying z/OS System Activity 2.5
- z/OS – Advanced z/OS Monitoring Facilities 2.5
- z/OS – Identifying z/OS System Problems 2.5
- z/OS – Removing Tasks from the z/OS System 2.5
- z/OS – Techniques for Handling General z/OS Problems 2.5
Additional on-the-job training in the areas above should also be undertaken to prepare you for scenario based questions that have been included in this assessment.
This assessment covers the following topics:
- Interpreting error messages and display command data
- Varying devices online/offline
- Canceling started tasks and TSO users
- Use of Traces and Dumps
- Common abend codes