This assessment measures the student’s skills and knowledge associated with entering appropriate MVS commands used to display system component status, and the interpretation of the resulting data.
This assessment is designed for data center staff responsible for the operation and monitoring of the z/OS system, or other IT specialists that are required to interact with the z/OS environment.
Skills and knowledge associated with entering appropriate MVS commands used to display system component status, and the interpretation of the resulting data.
The following Interskill courses have been used as reference for this assessment:
- z/OS – Concepts 2.5
- z/OS – Managing and Processing z/OS Data 2.5
- z/OS – Initializing and Terminating the z/OS System 2.5
- z/OS – Displaying z/OS System Activity 2.5
- z/OS – Advanced z/OS Monitoring Facilities 2.5
Additional on-the-job training in the areas above should also be undertaken to prepare you for scenario based questions that have been included in this assessment.
This assessment covers the following topics:
- MVS commands used to display device status
- Interpretation of data resulting from MVS display commands