This badge earner can describe the tasks performed during z/OS system initialization and can perform an IPL and shutdown of the system as required. They can also enter MVS commands to monitor job, task, resource, and system activity occurring on a z/OS system and can describe how SMF is used to record activity details.
- z/OS – Initializing and Terminating the z/OS System 2.5
- z/OS – Displaying z/OS System Activity 2.5
- z/OS – Advanced z/OS Monitoring Facilities 2.5
- z/OS – System Shutdown and IPL Simulations 2.5
- z/OS – z/OS System Operation Assessment 2.5
Total Estimated Hours: 13.5
Badge Skills Tags: Computer Operator, IPL, MPF, RMF, SMF, Started Tasks, System Configuration, System Parameter List, System Shutdown, Systems Programmer, z/OS 2.5, z/OSMF
Earn this IBM Digital Badge
If you or your organization does not currently have access to Interskill online mainframe training:
- IBM digital badges are provided by IBM at no cost and awarded for a variety of achievements.
- The training required to earn this specific IBM digital badge requires access to Interskill’s industry leading online mainframe training.
- Please check with us, as your company may already have access to this mainframe training resource.