Interskill is proudly part of the IBM mainframe family! Started by mainframers, powered by mainframers, partnering with mainframe vendors and serving mainframe computing organizations since 1991!
It has been an amazing 30+ year journey! Here are some of the highlights!
- Development of an MVS Console Simulator begins in Melbourne Australia.
- Later addition of Computer Based Training (CBT) courses on MVS, JCL, JES2 and TSO/ISPF made our first commercial product.
- EMEA office opens in Manchester, UK based on interest from a number of major European Banks.
- Expansion of Mainframe Systems curriculum
- Mainframe Application Development Programming Curriculum added
- VSE Curriculum added
- Americas office opens in Orange County, CA based on interest from US Mainframe Organizations and Mainframe User Groups.
- Expansion of existing Mainframe curriculum
- AS400 Curriculum added
- Headquarters office opens in Alpharetta Georgia
- 100 Mainframe CBT Courses Available
- Y2K concerns drives significant investment in Mainframe Training globally.
- 140 Mainframe CBT Courses available
- Web Deployed, Mainframe eLearning Curriculum launched worldwide!
- 150 Mainframe eLearning Courses available
- Rebranded as Ajilon Learning, part of the Adecco group of companies.
- 170 Mainframe eLearning Courses available
- Mainframe Skills Assessments added
- Returned to the Interskill Learning name as a privately owned Corporation.
- Named a CA Training Partner
- 180 Mainframe eLearning Courses available
Key Speaker on the topic of “Mainframe Workforce Education” at the esteemed Enterprise Computing Community Conference sponsored by the National Science Foundation.
- Web-based “MyInterskill” Learning Management System launched
- 190 Mainframe eLearning Courses available
- Innovative Mainframe Coaching and Mentoring Toolbox product added
- Passed the 1 Million Mainframers Trained milestone!
- Named an IBM Training Partner via the Arrow Global Training Alliance
- 200 Mainframe eLearning Courses available
IBM recognizes Interskill’s mainframe training pedigree & offers 30, IBM Credentialed, z Mainframe ‘Badges’ for Interskill course curricula completions, creating a new benchmark for z Systems Mainframe Knowledge and Skills in the global Mainframe Computing Industry!
With 260,000 hours of IBM Z Mainframe training delivered over the previous 12 months, Interskill’s eLearning is now the world’s MOST delivered Z Mainframe training!
- 220 Mainframe eLearning courses available
Interskill releases two innovative new mainframe workforce training components:
- Mainframe Training Sandbox Exercises that run on your own mainframe
- Mainframe Coaching and Mentoring Toolbox expanded to include Mainframe Class/Webinar Developer tool
COVID-19 arrived and Interskill was there to support mainframers worldwide in this terrible time.
- Collaborated with IBM product managers for multiple new IBM Z courses
- Collaborated with BMC for a key new course
- Over 700,000 hours of IBM Z mainframe training delivered globally
Alpine Investors announces its partnership with Interskill Learning.
- New CEO, Jono Zeidan takes the helm
- IBM announces that over 80% of all IBM digital badges issued for IBM Z mainframe training globally are for Interskill training completions!
- Interskill COO, Darren Surch named a Lifetime IBM Champion by IBM for services to the industry! 1 of only 32 people to ever receive this honor, and 1 of only 2 people to ever receive this honor for IBM Z mainframe.
- Over 900,000 hours of IBM Z mainframe training delivered globally
- A landmark collaboration between IBM and Interskill has brought the future of digital credentialing to the mainframe computing industry. IBM releases IBM Professional Certificates – IBM’s new benchmark skills standard for IBM Z systems personnel globally!