Controlling CICS Operations
The CICS TS - Controlling CICS Operations course focuses on CICS startup and shutdown processes and commands, and the handling of system-related CICS problems.
IT personnel whose role is to monitor or control a CICS System.
Completion of the CICS TS - Introduction and CICS TS - Explorer Fundamentals courses.
- After completing this course the student should be able to:
- Start and stop CICS
- Enter CICS commands used to monitor or modify CICS resources
- Interpret CICS messages and displays
- Identify and Resolve common CICS problems
CICS Startup and Shutdown
CICS Startup Messages
Performing a Normal CICS Shutdown
Immediate CICS Shutdown
Identifying CICS Problems
The Operator’s Role in Gathering Problem Data
CICS System Abends
Interpreting CICS Messages
Entering CICS Commands
Entering CICS Commands from:
• CICS Explorer
CICS Monitoring Facility
Resolving CICS Problems
Controlling CICS Operations Mastery Test
This course is part of
the IBM Open Badge Program
Instant Web Chat:
- Chat with tech support or
- have a product question?
Contact our Learning Consultants or call us at 770-872-4278