Introduction to IBM i for System Operators
The IBM i Fundamentals Series provides learners with an introduction into IBM i from an operations point of view. The courses will familiarize you with the IBM Systems Director Navigator for i, IBM i navigator, and 5250 emulation interfaces and provide examples of some of the tasks that can be performed using them.
IT professionals who have IBM i Operations as part of their job roles.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand IBM i from an operations point of view
- Understand the IBM Systems Director Navigator for i, and IBM i navigator interfaces
- Identify operating system message queues
- Identify commands and menus within the 5250 emulation
IBM System Director Navigator for i
What is IBM Systems Director Navigator for i?
Using IBM i Navigator
What is IBM I Navigator?
Windows Based Interface
What is 5250 Emulation?
CL Commands Structure
Finding a Command
How are Message Queues Used?
System Operators Message Queue
History Message Queue
Other Message Queues
Introduction to IBM i for System Operators Mastery Test
Instant Web Chat:
- Chat with tech support or
- have a product question?
Contact our Learning Consultants or call us at 770-872-4278