JES2 Concepts and Operations
A good general knowledge of JES2 functionality and skills associated with entering commands used to start and stop JES2. The following courses have been used as reference for this assessment:
- JES2 System Initialization & Shutdown
- Monitoring Batch Jobs with JES2
- Using JES2 in Scheduling Batch Jobs
This assessment is designed for data center staff responsible for the operation and monitoring of JES2 controlled devices or other IT specialists that are required to have a solid understanding of the JES2 product.
This assessment covers the following topics:
- General JES2 functionality
- Identifying and interpreting JES2 messages and displays
- Starting/stopping JES2
- General use of JES2 commands (e.g. display, cancel, purge, halt, interrupt, hold, release, drain)
- Performing spool offloads
The types of questions in this assessment are mainly simulation, multiple choice, drag and drop, and true or false. The questions displayed are different for every examinee because a number of core questions are always selected along with a number that are taken from a pool. All questions are then randomized to produce your customized assessment. No internal or external manuals or references can be used during this assessment.
Pass MarkThe pass mark for this assessment is 70%.
This assessment is part of
the IBM Open Badge Program
JES2 Monitoring & Management
Instant Web Chat:
- Chat with tech support or
- have a product question?
Contact our Learning Consultants or call us at 770-872-4278