z/OS Problem Diagnosis and Resolution
Skills and knowledge associated with being able to identify and apply an action to be taken when a system related problem occurs. The following courses have been used as reference for this assessment:
- z/OS Concepts and Components
- z/OS Architecture
- Initializing and Terminating the z/OS System
- Monitoring the z/OS System
- Identifying z/OS System Problems
- Resolving z/OS System Problems
This assessment is designed for data center staff responsible for resolving z/OS hardware and software problems, or other IT specialists that need to perform z/OS system problem resolution.
This assessment covers the following topics:
- Interpreting error messages and display command data
- Varying devices online/offline
- Cancelling started tasks and TSO users
- Use of Traces and Dumps
- Common abend codes
The types of questions in this assessment are mainly simulation, multiple choice, drag and drop, and true or false. The questions displayed are different for every examinee because a number of core questions are always selected along with a number that are taken from a pool. All questions are then randomized to produce your customized assessment. No internal or external manuals or references can be used during this assessment.
Pass MarkThe pass mark for this assessment is 70%.
This assessment is part of
the IBM Open Badge Program
z/OS System Problem Analysis and Resolution
Instant Web Chat:
- Chat with tech support or
- have a product question?
Contact our Learning Consultants or call us at 770-872-4278