This course provides an overview of the security measures that need to be considered when implementing an organization’s cloud environment. It discusses the importance of security and compliance, and highlights some of the tools and security mechanisms that can help ensure an organization’s data integrity and security is maintained.
Cloud security specialists, cloud administrators and system programmers seeking to gain further skills and understanding of cloud security concepts, and tools and mechanisms available.
Completion of “Introduction to Cloud Computing” or equivalent knowledge and basic IBM Z hardware and z/OS knowledge.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Identify Some Common Security Threats Associated with Cloud Computing
- Identify Aspects of a Cloud Security Framework and Cloud Security Architecture
- Describe What Cloud Encryption Is and How It Is Used to Protect Data
- Describe How Identity and Access Management Plays a Part in Cloud Computing
Understanding and Managing Cloud Security
- Security and Compliance
- Common Threats
- Data Privacy and Data Protection
- Shared Responsibility
- Cybersecurity Framework
- Cloud Security Architecture
- Security as a Service (SECaaS)
- Cloud Security Best Practices
- Cloud and Data Encryption
- Pervasive Encryption
- Zero Trust
- Identity and Access Management
- Cloud Access Security Broker
- Cloud Workload Protection Platform
- Cloud Security Posture Management