- Single Sign-On (OpenID Connect) initiated via Okta.
- Connect existing users to their Okta accounts, or create new users on initial Okta authentication.
- Users that have active Okta authentication sessions, will bypass the MyInterskill LMS login screen, be automatically authenticated and will be directed to the home page of the MyInterskill LMS.
- Install the MyInterskill LMS application in your Okta organization.
- In your Okta admin area, navigate to the Applications page and click Browse App Catalog.
- Search for and click on the MyInterskill LMS app, then click Add Integration.
- You must already have an Interskill company account with Okta single sign-on enabled (currently only available with an Enterprise License).
- In your Okta admin area, navigate to the Applications page, click on the MyInterskill LMS application and navigate to the Sign On tab.
- Note the values of Client ID and Client secret (click the eye button to toggle the visibility):
- Click OpenID Provider Metadata and note the value of the issuer (this should be a URL that looks something like: https://companyname.okta.com).
- Decide how you’ll match your Okta users to your existing MyInterskill users. The options are:
- Okta email to LMS email
- Okta email to LMS login ID
- Okta subject ID to LMS login ID
- In your MyInterskill account, go to Help > Contact a Learning Consultant and click on the email address of your learning consultant.
- Email your learning consultant with the following details:
- Subject: Request for Okta Integration
- Your company name
- Client ID (from step 2)
- Client secret (from step 2)
- Issuer URL (from step 3)
- Your desired method for matching users (from step 4)
- Your learning consultant will provide you with the following details to complete the integration.
- Sign-in redirect URI
- Initiate login URI
- In Okta, return to the Applications page, click on the MyInterskill LMS application and navigate to the Sign On tab.
- To the right of the Settings section, click Edit.
- Under the Advanced Sign-on Settings section, fill the relevant fields with the information you received from your learning consultant. For example:
- Save your settings, and test your integration
Troubleshooting and Tips
There are a number of reasons why a user’s login attempt may fail. However for security purposes, the reason will not be known to the user. If a user is unable to login, submit a support case and provide them with the user’s details so we can help you troubleshoot.