- Single Sign-On (OpenID Connect) initiated via Okta.
- Connect existing users to their Okta accounts, or create new users on initial Okta authentication.
- Install the Interskill application in your Okta organization.
- You must already have an Interskill company account with Okta single sign-on enabled (currently only available with an Enterprise License).
- In your Okta admin area, navigate to the Applications page, click on the MyInterskill application and navigate to the Sign On tab.
- Note the values of Client ID and Client secret (click the eye button to toggle the visibility).
- Click OpenID Provider Metadata and note the value of the issuer (this should be a URL that looks something like: https://companyname.okta.com).
- Decide how you’ll match your Okta users to your existing MyInterskill users. The options are:
- Okta email to LMS email
- Okta email to LMS login ID
- Okta subject ID to LMS login ID
- In your MyInterskill account, go to Help > Contact a Learning Consultant and click on the email address of your learning consultant.
- Email your learning consultant with the following details:
- Subject: Request for Okta Integration
- Your company name
- Client ID (from step 2)
- Client secret (from step 2)
- Issuer URL (from step 3)
- Your desired method for matching users (from step 4)
- Your learning consultant will provide you with the following details to complete the integration. You’ll need to enter these details into the application settings in Okta:
- Sign-in redirect URI
- Initiate login URI
- Sign-out redirect URI
- Test your integration
Troubleshooting and Tips
There are a number of reasons why a user’s login attempt may fail. However for security purposes, the reason will not be known to the user. If a user is unable to login, contact your learning consultant and provide them with the user’s details so we can help you troubleshoot.